All those big names in Biblical times were people like you and I but while some went on to do such great exploits and have a beautiful relationship with God, some just lived a very average life of nothing exceptional except they were just another name in the lineage of someone and some just didn’t make the right choices.
A particular name stood out to me.
He had a daughter named Sheerah. She built the towns of Lower and Upper Beth-horon and Uzzen-sheerah.
1 Chronicles 7:24 NLT
The verse above speaks of the lineage of Ephraim and a particular daughter he had. What is worthy of mention is that all the names of the children mentioned were males and nothing positive was mentioned about them but then BOOM! Sheerah is mentioned and it was recorded that she built three towns. I am no Bible scholar but I think it is very important that she was mentioned this way.
It was not recorded of anyone else in her lineage that they did what she did. Ms Sheerah did not settle for less. She did not comply with just being another name and face in the crowd. She was intentional about her life and it was recorded that she did something out of the usual.
This extract is from A Girl, Her Identity and Her Lord is by the amazing Temiloluwa Johnson. Her writings are refreshing and her love for God adorns her like a gold crown. More of her blog here >> https://oasisinjesuschrist.wordpress.com/
Thank you for nominating me for this challenge! 🙂 Here goes the list of my top 10 favourite things:-
- Being in God’s presence and communing with Him
- Talking to my fav person (s)
- Reading a good book under my red light
- Lying silently in bed under the covers
- Watching rain pour
- First few minutes when the sun rays hit my skin
- Reading Jesus’s comebacks
- Seeing other people genuinely happy
- Laughing for one reason or another, or for no reason at all
- Watching a good movie (with a cup of peppermint or chamomile tea)
All those reading this are free to take part in this challenge 🙂