I don’t know why I didn’t start to read the Bible sooner. I don’t know why I didn’t have the urge or feeling to read it. I don’t know what held me back from discovering so many amazing things, so much wisdom and so many insights to help one live in this world. I don’t know why I was drawn to reading novels that are nothing compared to this book called the Bible. The Bible is everything. There’s nothing you’re looking for that’s not in it. Don’t limit your mindset and think you’ll find the answers to what’s been bothering you. If you’ve made up your mind that it can’t be there, then it won’t. “So that they may look and look, yet not perceive; they may listen, yet not understand…”(Matthew 3:12) If you read it with no interest and no belief that you’re going to find your answer, then you’ll keep looking but find nothing. The answer will be right before you, but you won’t see it or even understand it. I didn’t know any of this before (. . .)
The Bible can take away your worries, your fears, everything really but only if you let it. You can’t ask someone a serious question jokingly or uninterestedly and expect a real answer. In the same way, you can’t find your answers in this book if you’re not taking Him seriously.
This is part of a wonderful post bordering a Sermon by Gigi, a 16 year old ecstatic lady from Lagos, Nigeria. She writes on her blog fun, insightful and inspiring articles. She also shares her personal experiences which add a colourful touch to her blog. She loves reading, writing, and taking pictures. If you want your day made in a meaningful way, please do read more from her blog on >>> A Girl With A Blog
Thank you so much Gigi for the Mystery Blogger Award nomination 😊
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creater of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers three things about yourself
- Nominate other bloggers of your choice
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question.Share a link to your best post(s)
Three things About Me
- Madame Bovary (1856) and The Heart of the Matter (1948) set off my love for classic books
- I like observing nature in light of God’s qualities
- Meditating on Psalm 119 always helps me see in awe the significance God’s Word
Questions from Gigi
Do you read Wattpad books? If yes, what’s your favorite?
No, I have never read. But as a bookie, I will definitely check them out.
Why’d you start a blog?
I started out of interest when I met a friend blogger, and my love for writing made it natural to open a blog. Only in hindsight that I see that it was all God’s plan.
What do you love about my blog?
Your love for Jesus, and your authenticity in sharing your great thoughts, insights, and life experiences makes your blog one of a kind.
Who’s your favorite blogger?
I have none in particular though all the blogs I follow each have something I admire.
Would you rather have a ghost or a wizard as your best friend?
Neither, as I know that we don’t have anything in common 😅
Thanks once again for the nomination.
Happy New Year!